RENO VET CENTER STAFF
Mike Loy, MSW, MPH, Team Leader
· Vietnam veteran. Served in the U. S. Air force 1968-1972
· Served in Vietnam in 1968-1970.
· BA, from University of Oklahoma in 1976.
· M.S.W., from University of Oklahoma in 1977.
· M.P.H., from University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in 1989.
· Director, Social Work, Goodland Children's Home in Hugo, Oklahoma in 1977-1978.
· Social Worker, Ft Lyon VAMC, Colorado from 1978-1979.
· PTSD R.M.E.C. St. Louis, Missouri.
· Social Worker, VA Outpatient Clinic Tulsa, Oklahoma from 1979-1991.
· Has been with Readjustment Counseling Services since 1991. First as a Team leader at the Columbus, Ohio Vet Center from 1991-1992, was reassigned as the Team Leader of the Reno Vet Center in September 1992.
William Dougherty, Ph.D., Psychologist, Clinical Coordinator
· Vietnam veteran. Served in the U.S. Marine Corps from 1964-1967.
· Served in Vietnam in 1966 with 1st Marine Air Wing.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and Computer Science from New York University in 1974.
· Master of Science in Psychology from Washington State University in 1976.
· Doctor of Philosophy in Clinical Psychology from Washington State University in 1979.
· Licensed as a psychologist in Idaho in 1980, Washington in 1982 and Nevada in 1994.
· Has worked as Director of programs for severely disturbed children and Chief administrator for schools serving this population.
· Has been with Readjustment Counseling at Reno Vet Center since 1995.
Robert W Greenwood, MA, Readjustment Counseling Specialist
· Vietnam Veteran. Served in U.S. Navy 1965-1968
· Bachelor of Arts degree in humanities with emphasis in Psychology from Sierra Nevada College 1989. Summa Cum Laude.
· Master of Arts degree in Counseling and Educational Psychology from University of Nevada, Reno 1993. Specialty in Marriage and Family Therapy.
· Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor since 1986.
· Nationally Certified Addictions Counselor.
· Work experience includes case manager and program coordinator in three JCAHO approved chemical dependency and psychiatric hospitals.
· Completed internship in Milan Systemic Family Therapy.
· Extensive understanding of the 12 Step Programs.
· Married since 1979 and father of three children.
· Part time professional singer and piano player.
· Been employed at the Reno vet Center since July 1999.
Rudy Calderon, Readjustment Counseling Assistant/Office Manger
· Korean and Vietnam veteran served in U.S. Army 1952-1975, in Korea 1953 with 187th Abn. RCT and in Vietnam 1965, 1967, 1971 with 1st and 5th Special Forces projects.
· AA degree in Social Work from Truckee Meadows Community College 1978.
· Married and has three children.
· Was a policeman in Herlong, Ca 1976-1977.
· Employed at Reno VAMC as a Surgical Tech, and purchasing and Contracting officer from 1977-1987
· Has been at Reno Vet Center since 1987.